Live A Conscious Life

Hey Guys,
Merhaba....... I yaff come again ooooo. Let me sing this yoruba song that all small girls in the 90's....coz I don't think kids would be interested in singing again(lol, this computer age sef)- "Mo ti de bi mo she n de." Meaning I have come as usual." So..... I've been reading through Mathew and I always overlooked the wisdom packed in that book, because I read Romans almost every time.  (And the song: Your presence is heaven to me just started playing).

Let me start today's post by commending all the judges in the house...... una well done. We know ourselves now(myself included). We have taken it upon ourselves to get law degrees.... and noooooo, we don't just stop there, we go ahead to appoint ourselves as judges... we now go a step further and also be the jury. We are always quick to point out to people how badly they are doing, we sit and start noticing how someone has lost his way... oshe traffic officer(hehehehe). Let me quickly point this out- you are going to get bitter if you continue with this attitude, because that person you are monitoring is moving on with his/her life.

Well, God is telling us to quit that attitude. He says in Matthew 7 verse 1 to "judge not lest ye be judged." I especially like the MSG translation which reads- "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures,criticize their faults-unless, of course, you want the same treatment." And trust me, this kind of judgement will be done by the ultimate judge of all. If you find out someone is making a mistake, why not pray for the person. Of course I'm not saying you shouldn't call people and let them realize they are going out of God's will. But don't go ahead and talk about faults all through so much so that the only thing they feel is condemnation. I know there are some that do it subtly, that counts too- God said don't judge, He didn't say do it small. Matthew 7:3 asks a question we should all be conscious of- "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" You might feel like you have not committed a sin, but the simple act of judging someone is also a sin.

Let me just drop this just because I can- "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20. Learn to be conscious of your attitude and words... I know I will.


Love,
Mz_Ola.

P.S: People, Biko post your comments here.